The occupation authorities of Russia has made an announcement on Tuesday about the movement of further significant numbers of people from Ukraine’s Kherson area amid a counteroffensive by the capital city of Kyiv, which has already seen 70,000 people fleeing.
In a Telegram video, Pro-Moscow governor Vladimir Saldo said that, “I decided to extend the evacuation zone by over 15 kilometres (nine miles) from Dnipro.”
“Steps for forced evacuations will be applied from November 6 for those who remain,” said via social media the administration for the town of Kakhovka.
The post added that, “The evacuations would be carried out by the road.”
Saldo had already said earlier on Tuesday that over 70,000 people on the left bank of the Dnipro River would be moved closer into the region or to Russia.
He said that, “We have already begun this work.”
He said that the resettlement was being carried out as of the risk of a “massive missile attack” by the forces of Ukraine on a local dam.
He acknowledged it would be a “difficult” period, as Ukrainian forces advanced from west to east, despite Russian resistance.
Last week, Russia’s occupation authorities said 70,000 civilians had left their homes on the right side of the Dnipro River in the first wave of evacuations.
Saldo had said about the latest evacuations on Monday would allow the Russian military to set up defences & repel a possible attack from Ukraine.
The forces of Kyiv are currently preparing for a violent battle to retake the region’s central city Kherson & the surrounding areas on the right side of the Dnipro after making significant gains in Ukraine’s east & south.