“We are at the HQ (Southern Military District in Rostov), 7:30 in the morning. Military objects in the city of Rostov are under control, including the air field, planes that are leaving for the battle work (to Ukraine) are leaving nominally,” was the statement made by the Wagner Group founder and Head, Yevgeny Prigozhin.
Whereas, the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, in his address has been stating that, the Russian Federation is currently fighting for the life and safety for the people, adding that, “Russia today is fighting an uphill battle for its future, reflecting the aggression of neo-Nazis and their bosses. In fact, the entire military, economic, information machine of the West is directed against us, we are fighting for the life and safety for our people for our sovereignty and independence, for the right to be and remain Russia, a state with thousand year history.”
It is to be noted that, leading his way from being the hotdog seller, Yevgeny Prigozhin was considered among the closest ally of the Russian President Putin. But after watching the current scales of so called “civil war” within Russia is unfolding, one could easily turn astonished, considering about the future of themselves and their families in the Russian Federation.
How the insurrection of the Wagner Group is continuously pacing up
- The entire situation of the inbuild war unfolded, during the initial months of the year 2023. During which, Wagner Group Chief Yevgeny Prigozhin, slammed the leadership of Russian ulitary for the low supplies of ammunition, which resulting in lowering the pace of Russia’s war progress in Bakhmut.
- Whereas, the situation turned more ghastly after Prigozhin started making claims that he was betrayed over the lack of ammunitions and says the government has turned off special phone lines.
- During the month of May 2023, Wagner Chief Prigozhin releases a video surrounded by the bodies of dead Wagner troops and also threatened to leave the Bakhmut.
- In his recently, released video, Prigozhin accused Russian Defence Minister, Sergei Shoigu for starting Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on 24 May, 2022, adding that, “The war was must-needed, so that Shoigu could become a Marshal, so that he could get a second Hero Star… the war wasn’t for de-nazifying Ukraine, but it was required for some extra star.”
- In the latest video, Prigozhin claims that, “The evil of Russia’s military leadership must be stopped and his Wagner force will lead a march for justice against the Russian army.
Who is Yevgeny Prigozhin and his journey to become closest ally of Putin
- Started from his journey from the jail, after being convicted of robbery and assault in 1981, Prigozhin was sentenced to 12 years in prison.
- Embarked on his journey as a hotdog seller, and worked his way of opening a restaurant business called Concord Catering, in St Petersburg in 1995, where he met Vladimir Putin, who was the then city’s deputy mayor.
- Prigozhin effectively managed to use his contacts with Putin to win Russian government contracts, and was later nicknamed as “Putin’s Chef.”
- In 2014, Prigozhin founded Wagner in the aftermath of 2014 Russian supported separatist movement in the Donbas in eastern Ukraine.